Friday, November 25, 2011

Makeup Expiration Dates!

So I ran across this super interesting blog post about makeup expiration dates from the gorgeous Michelle C-FABulous Makeup and I thought I would share with you all. 

I have to confess that I was a little bet shocked because I am guilty of never throwing any makeup away and reading this sure made me think about starting. But I mean who wants to throw makeup away right? well unless you want acne or some other weird stuff due to oooold makeup being put all over your face. So here it is; the real deal.
Concealer- 6-8 months
Powder/Pressed Powder/Eyeshadows/Blushes- 2 years 
Cleansers- 1 year
Liquid Foundation- 3-6 months
Cream Foundation- 4-6 months 
Mascara- 3 months 
Lip gloss/Lip Stick- 1 year
Eye/Lip Pencils- 1 year

**There is NO law in the US that requires companies to put the expiration dates on makeup products**
**Some products however might have this little symbol where the M stands for months**

Sooo maybe it's time to start going through our stash and saying good bye to some of our products ladies.
Little hint would be to date your stuff when you buy it so it's easier to remember when it's just too old.

**THESE ARE JUST AN IDEA OF WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND, NOT SURE IF THE DATES ARE ACCURATE  OR NOT**
Share any of your OWN tips on how to keep makeup clean and harm free to our beautiful delicate skin.

2 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never throw my make up either !!! just so hard to say good bye to it !!! great post

    Please follow my new blog for love, fashion ,heels
    fancysteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your lovely comments.
They sure rock my day ッ

Comment, comment, comment... <3